Assistant Trainer Program
About the Wildlife Ambassador Assistant Trainer Program!
- An Assistant Wildlife Trainer Certificate after you complete three classes/sessions
- A Free Assistant Wildlife Trainer Pass to the Academy of Wildlife Education as long as you are an Assistant Trainer
- 20-30 minutes of training time with your Wildlife Ambassador each month (sessions may go longer so please leave extra time if you would like to stay for longer sessions).
- As an Assistant Trainer you will receive periodic updates and news from our trainers at the Academy of Wildlife Education. In this first newsletter I will share with you a little about how we train our Wildlife Ambassadors and how we establish a relationship with them.
- As an assistant trainer you can use your training “credits” in a number of different ways. We have you registered in a book at the center as an Assistant Trainer and in this book we will record the Wildlife Ambassadors you have worked with and the dates you worked with them.
Because of our record keeping system you do not need to have a certificate when you come in to assist one of our trainers however you do need to make an appointment by e-mailing: email@example.com and letting her know THREE possible dates and times that you can come in.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Q: So what is the best way to use your training time?
A: It depends on what your goals are. (keep reading to find a fit for your goal)
- If you want to establish an ongoing relationship with one of our ambassadors then it is probably best to save up some certificates and use a few of them together in one week. Initial relationships with our Wildlife Ambassadors are usually established when they are very young and by spending daily time with the Ambassador. We usually have new babies come in May and June if you want to start establishing that relationship at the very beginning. However, because our Wildlife Ambassadors are imprinted to people there are still other ways you can establish a relationship with one ambassador…
- If you want to learn about the behavior and training of a certain species (feline, canine, etc…) then you can use your credits once a month or you can still save credits and use multiple appointments in one month. During these appointments you would want to focus on one species by requesting the bobcat & lynx (feline) or the arctic fox and wolf puppy (canine). If you choose this option you would also be able to apply what you learn to training your feline or canine at home.
- If you would like to learn more about the diversity of behaviors and training methods with different Wildlife Ambassadors you can come in any time and use your credits with different animals around the center.
- If you would like to share your experience with a friend or family member you can save credits and bring in a friend or family member with you when you have saved more than one session credit.
- If you would like to share your experience with a wider circle you could save your credits until Christmas time and then request certificates to be sent to your friends and family members.
- If you would like to expand your choices and experiences you are welcome to purchase a second training membership to provide you with more options. Our regular cost for hands-on Wildlife Ambassador Experiences cost $25.00 so this program allows you a more educational and interactive experience for a discounted cost.
Click below to set up your $20.00 per month payments and begin your Wildlife Ambassador Assistant Training Program!